HPE recently published a new reference configuration that details why HPE and Unidesk are an effective joint solution that makes hosted virtual desktops simple and cost effective to manage and deploy. The solution combines HPE Hyper Converged 380, and Unidesk for application packaging and lifecycle management. Here's a first look!
Infrastructure and manageability are two big challenges that have hindered adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. The high cost, variable performance, and extensive risk of conventional storage and compute solutions have made it difficult for IT organizations to reliably scale virtual desktop deployments. While centralizing desktops in the data center is supposed to make management easier, lean IT teams have struggled with Windows® gold image sprawl, application virtualization, infrastructure complexity, and an inability to satisfy user personalization demands.
Hosted desktop virtualization, using a combination of session-based computing and VDI, provides a significant competitive advantage to organizations forward-thinking enough to implement this solution. Combining the Unidesk application packaging and image management solution with the HPE Hyper Converged 380 Platform provides a robust solution that includes security, flexibility, scalability, and ease of management.
Figure 1 Logical solution diagram of the Unidesk/Hewlett Packard Enterprise solution
Designing and deploying the components for hosted desktop virtualization can be daunting and difficult. Combining the power and simplicity of the joint Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Unidesk solution enables IT organizations to:
- Accelerate and streamline application packaging and image management and reduce break/fix time by up to 80%.
- Extend the virtualized desktop infrastructure to all users for a fraction of the cost of buying new PCs.
- Reduce risk with pre-tested server, storage and network configurations on systems that are workload-optimized for the virtualized desktop environment.
- Achieve better ROI by requiring less external consulting and less internal expertise for infrastructure, application, and image management.
- Achieve better ROI by significantly reducing the ongoing operational expense needed to support a large-scale desktop virtualization deployment.
- Achieve higher levels of availability and reliability by using standardized pre-designed components.
Learn how the HPE Hyper Converged 380 Platform combined with Unidesk provides the basis for scalable, high performance VDI workloads that are simple and cost effective to deploy and manage. Read the full reference configuration published by HPE here. Then learn why Unidesk is being deployed by enterprise customers to manage applications and images across all end user computing platforms, hypervisors, and clouds.