In my last video blog, I showed how Unidesk for Hyper-V brings simplicity and scalability to the mangement of RDS collections and desktops. Today's video shows how Unidesk application layering technology makes application virtualization issues a thing of the past for Microsoft VDI.
See how Unidesk for Hyper-V enables you to:
- Capture any app as a read-only virtual disk (VHDX) layer that can be mounted and shared by many VMs. App layers look and feel as if they are locally installed (not isolated) for full interoperability.
- Reduce space needs up to 80% by storing apps once per datastore instead of once per desktop.
- Apply and audit layer updates with version management.
- Rollback layers to earlier versions to “undo” patching mistakes or problems.
- Train help desk and IT interns to become app packaging experts.